Outstanding Classroom Assistance
What makes an outstanding T.A.?
An outstanding Teaching Assistant can make all the difference to pupils’ progress. But sometimes it’s hard to know how to best assist in an ever-changing classroom environment, as well as how to balance the hundred-and-one tasks that a T.A. is called on to perform.
The role of T.A. is fraught with difficulties: Teachers can be hard to catch up with and liaise with in school, meaning that sometimes a T.A. does not have a clear idea of what pupils are supposed to be doing. Oftentimes, pupils will expect a T.A. to do all the work for them.
This course will provide practical strategies for T.A.s to:
- Assist with in-lesson assessment and feedback
- Assist with differentiation in a lesson
- Support collaborative work
- Run effective intervention sessions with small groups and individuals
- Help struggling learners to access difficult reading or writing tasks
- Motivate reluctant learners
- Deal with challenging behaviour
- Design invaluable resources
- Enhance progress for EAL learners
- Take helpful “in-lesson notes” and keep useful records of intervention
- Communicate effectively with the teacher and support planning
- Help develop pupils’ initiative and self-reliance
- Find the “key” to learning for hard-to-reach pupils
- Use effective questioning
Strategies will be realistic and useable by delegates the very next day in subjects across the curriculum and with the different Key Stages.
Superb. Totally engaging. I really soaked up every word. A sensational course!
Brilliant! I can’t wait to go back to school and use the new ideas!
First course in years where I’ve felt I can implement ideas immediately!
Lots of brilliant, practical ideas. Thank you!
Fabulous, Engaging – Met all my needs!
The best INSET I have had for years!
Inspirational, creative, fun!
Engaging and inspiring!
Useful, fun, extremely helpful & perfect for building teaching repertoire. Fantastic!
Fantastic ideas that can be used in REAL lessons!
Excellent. Everything can be taken back to the classroom!
Brilliant! So practical. Very inspirational – Thank you so much!
INSET for Primary, Secondary, Teachers, T.A.s and Leaders!
We are always happy to tailor Teaching and Learning CPD to the needs of your school. Your school doesn’t get a “One Size Fits All” package PowerPoint – your school receives a bespoke training event, built and delivered to meet the current focuses of your School Improvement Plan. We are happy to talk in depth with you about the needs and interests of your staff and pupils.
Below are some of the most popular CPD focuses for schools at the moment. We are also happy to blend a number of these concepts into a whole day event.