Practical, Realistic Differentiation
A comprehensive guide to ensuring that every pupil in every lesson is supported and challenged to their full potential. The day will help class teachers, to put inclusion at the heart of every lesson without sacrificing any of the academic rigour. Ofsted do not want to see different abilities being “catered for” – they want to see that every child regardless of ability is stretched and challenged.
Ensuring that every pupil in your class makes “rapid and sustained progress” can sometimes seem like an impossible task – especially when within your class there are pupils of widely differing abilities. How do you make sure “Clever Claire” is “stretched and challenged” while “Vulnerable Victor” is still struggling to copy down today’s date?
“Practical Realistic Differentiation” will show you how to do just that. Through exciting and innovative techniques, you will learn how to tactfully challenge every pupil at an appropriate level without having to resort to numerous different lesson resources or micro-tutorials.
The course will also show you how to support pupils who have very underdeveloped literacy skills so that they can keep up with the rest of the class, as well as how to stretch and challenge your “high-flyers”.
- Coping with significant differences in ability – built-in differentiation
- Teaching in a variety of different ways
- Supporting less confident or reluctant learners – building self-esteem and motivation
- Empowering the low attainers and stretching the high attainers even further. –
- Eliminating the fear of being “STUCK”
- Supporting pupils with poor literacy skills
- Differentiation through collaborative work and peer support
- Identifying where intervention is necessary
- Supporting poor attenders
- Ensuring your TA has a measurable impact
- Ensuring work is challenging enough for all pupils and meets their individual needs
- Keeping consistently high expectations of all pupils
- Helping ALL pupils to make progress in your lessons
- Accurately matching teaching to individual needs
First course in years where I’ve felt I can implement ideas immediately!
Brilliant! I can’t wait to go back to school and use the new ideas!
Lots of brilliant, practical ideas. Thank you!
Brilliant! So practical. Very inspirational – Thank you so much!
Superb. Totally engaging. I really soaked up every word. A sensational course!
Excellent. Everything can be taken back to the classroom!
Engaging and inspiring!
Fantastic ideas that can be used in REAL lessons!
Inspirational, creative, fun!
Fabulous, Engaging – Met all my needs!
Useful, fun, extremely helpful & perfect for building teaching repertoire. Fantastic!
The best INSET I have had for years!
INSET for Primary, Secondary, Teachers, T.A.s and Leaders!
We are always happy to tailor Teaching and Learning CPD to the needs of your school. Your school doesn’t get a “One Size Fits All” package PowerPoint – your school receives a bespoke training event, built and delivered to meet the current focuses of your School Improvement Plan. We are happy to talk in depth with you about the needs and interests of your staff and pupils.
Below are some of the most popular CPD focuses for schools at the moment. We are also happy to blend a number of these concepts into a whole day event.